We contacted 8 Tattoo Shops in Gilbert, Arizona and hand-picked the best for you to choose from
The following email is sent to all tattoo shops in Gilbert, Arizona. The responses to this email will be shown in the “Email Response” section of each shop.
Read the Email
I am interested in getting a single-line tattoo on my leg. Something like the cat here: https://img1.rapidleaks.com/2019/05/best-single-line-tattoos-1280×720.jpg
So my question is:
Do you guys specialize in these kind of tattoos?
And how much does it cost to get a tattoo like that?
Size – 3×3 inches
Is it possible to get colors in the tattoo, like in the example?
Happy to hear back from you guys,
I also have some other questions, so feel free to answer those:
1. What ingredients in the ink you’d use for the colors in the tattoo?
2. Does color ink causes an itchy rash? I have kinda sensitive skin.
3. Can you perform a patch test?
4. Are you a licensed tattoo artist?
5. In case you did some single-line tattoos, can you share some examples?
Black Lotus Tattooers
It’s not every day you find a tattoo shop with one-of-a-kind art on display, but Black Lotus has done just that. The shop was founded in 2006 by Byron Winkelmann (who has over 20 years of experience) and Erin Winkelmann, who wanted to offer their clients a comfortable atmosphere and the latest state-of-the-art equipment for sterilization purposes. This Arizona-based business specializes exclusively in custom designs, which are more subtle than typical flash tattoos seen elsewhere around town. You won’t find a large amount of “flash” in their shop, but you can definitely expect to see framed paintings!
Website Address (480) 632-5485
Dark Horse Tattoo Company
Dark Horse Tattoo Company is a tattoo shop in Arizona that strives to offer the best of the best for its customers. The state’s oversaturated community makes success difficult without offering something unique, and Dark Horse Tattoo Company believes their exceptional artistic skills and integrity are key factors that make them one of the best! Their shop employs professional artists and friendly staff eager to provide all visitors with high-quality workmanship they’ll always cherish—only at Dark Horse Tattoo Company!
Website Address (480) 219-4885
Fifth Estate Tattoo
Fifth Estate Tattoo is located in the heart of downtown Gilbert, Arizona. They have six highly skilled tattooists with over 100 years of combined experience that offer a wide variety of tattoos at an affordable price! Not only do they provide incredible designs and exceptional customer service, but they offer a clean environment as well—so you can feel comfortable while getting inked. What are you waiting for? Make an appointment with them today and discuss your dream tattoo!
Website Address (480) 539-4280
Thank you for your inquiry and questions for Fifth! We would love to help ease you through the process.
My artist Marc, will specialize in these finer linework pieces. Linework portraits are quite popular, and he does them often! As far as the color goes, “watercolor” type coloring is doable, however, it is not always the most sustainable. Colors done without a black outline, which can act like a barrier or sorts, tend to spread or bleed into one another. They also tend to fade at a higher rate. I will include a watercolor example in attachments.
1. Ingredients for ink will vary per company, and tattooer preference for brand. These are some ink companies used here. I will also include links to their MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) so that you may research if you have an allergy specific to brand.
SOLID INK- https://thesolidink.com/pages/info
ETERNAL INK – https://eternaltattooink.com/?act=view&page=MSDS%20Information
DYNAMIC INK – https://dynamiccolor.com/pages/sds-sheets
2. Tattoos/varying colors can cause a reaction. However this is very rare. There is no guarantee that having a tattoo will 100% be accepted by any individuals skin/body. Black is generally the color with the LEAST response, red being the pigment with the most reaction. Skin CAN reject ink. In which case a reaction may occur. This can lead to peeling, raised, and itchy skin at the site.
3. Patch tests are not generally administered, as we are still tattooing the skin, and this is a permanent mark. If there is cause for real concern, please consult a doctor before receiving a tattoo. Sensitive skin is not always an indicator of how ink will take to your body/skin.
4. There is not a current license system in place for the state of Arizona. This will vary from state to state. Through our years of experience and practice, we have implemented strict guidelines for sterility, and cleanliness here at Fifth. We employ a biohazardous waste company to ensure every step is taken for our businesses safety. We have experienced tattooers with extensive training, and we are insured.
5. I have shared two examples from Marc.
Please let me know if there is anything else you may need! I am available 12-8 at 480-539-4280.
Thanks so much, and have a great day!
Instinktive Tattoo is one of the most sought-after shops in town for a reason. They offer an environment that’s sanitary and comforting, and they’re extremely organized with their work. They are always available to answer any questions you might have about anything related to your tattoo ideas! And lastly: Quality never suffers—it always lives up to top standards, no matter if it’s time for a piercing or tattoo—at Instinktive Tattoo!
Self Care & Style Posts | Arizona