We contacted 13 Tattoo Shops in Durham, North Carolina and hand-picked the best for you to choose from
The following email is sent to all tattoo shops in Durham, North Carolina. The responses to this email will be shown in the “Email Response” section of each shop.
Read the Email
I am interested in getting a single-line tattoo on my leg. Something like the cat here: https://img1.rapidleaks.com/2019/05/best-single-line-tattoos-1280×720.jpg
So my question is:
Do you guys specialize in these kind of tattoos?
And how much does it cost to get a tattoo like that?
Size – 3×3 inches
Is it possible to get colors in the tattoo, like in the example?
Happy to hear back from you guys,
I also have some other questions, so feel free to answer those:
1. What ingredients in the ink you’d use for the colors in the tattoo?
2. Does color ink causes an itchy rash? I have kinda sensitive skin.
3. Can you perform a patch test?
4. Are you a licensed tattoo artist?
5. In case you did some single-line tattoos, can you share some examples?
Table of Contents
Easy Tiger Custom Tattoo
A custom tattoo shop with an incredible team, Easy Tiger Custom Tattoo is located in vibrant, south Durham. This high-energy shop can take on anything you can imagine! You’ll feel welcomed and cared for by their educated, professional, and knowledgeable staff who love what they do—which shows through every bit of passion they put in while working to help make your vision a reality.
Sacred Mandala Studio
Sacred Mandala Studio is the downtown Durham tattoo and art gallery destination. The home of friendly, informative tattoo artists, this is the shop to visit if you’re looking for an artist who will explain their process before getting started with you on this new adventure. Their custom work is one of the best in town—you won’t be disappointed. Credit goes out first and foremost to Sacred Mandala’s staff for being so polite while catering towards clients’ individual needs; they really care for everyone who visits the shop, creating an environment where creativity thrives like you’ve never imagined.
ey Drew, thanks for reaching out. I have answered the questions you’ve asked in red below.
Do you guys specialize in these kind of tattoos? While our artists can absolutely do single-line drawings, the watercolor background isn’t something our artists really take on.
And how much does it cost to get a tattoo like that? Size – 3×3 inches – It would depend on the final design but if it was relatively simple, I’d estimate $100-$150.
Is it possible to get colors in the tattoo, like in the example? Our artists would be able to add color but not necessarily in the watercolor style.
I also have some other questions, so feel free to answer those:
1. What ingredients in the ink you’d use for the colors in the tattoo? – Most of our artists use “Solid” brand ink and the main ingredients are: Natural pigments, vegetable glycerine, distilled water, hamamelis (witch hazel), and isopropyl alcohol.
2. Does color ink causes an itchy rash? I have kinda sensitive skin. – No one in my experience has gotten an itchy rash from the tattoo ink itself, but everyone’s skin is different so I can’t definitively say you wouldn’t have a reaction of some kind.
3. Can you perform a patch test? – If you asked your artist to do that at the consultation, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to.
4. Are you a licensed tattoo artist? – I am the shop manager and therefore not a licensed tattoo artist but all of our actively tattooing artists are licensed and must be licensed to legally work in the state of NC.
5. In case you did some single-line tattoos, can you share some examples? – Feel free to check out our artists work on our Instagram @sacredmandalastudio and on our website. Our artist Braxton is who I would most likely set you up with for this tattoo and his work can be viewed on Instagram @tattoo_cowboy.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions, I’m here to help.
The Studio – Old East Durham
The Studio has been providing a safe space for artists and their clients since 2017 when they expanded into the adjacent storefront. The Studio maintains an annual permit issued by the Durham County Department of Health & Human Services. They have artists trained in bloodborne pathogen prevention, which allows them to provide excellent customer service without fear that anyone will get ill from getting tatted up in their studio!
Three Kings Tattoo
Three Kings Tattoo’s work is truly one-of-a-kind, and they specialize in American traditional designs. Their tattooist, Jack Cody, prides himself on giving everyone his very best to make sure that they’re happy with their tattoo no matter what it is or where it goes! You can’t go wrong when you choose Jack’s work because not only does every design look unique, but each person gets treated like family by being valued as an individual. So whether it’s 100 Girls & Roses or just grandma’s handwriting across your arm: take some time out for yourself today!
We can definitely do that Tattoo for you! Matt Trogdon is our black and gray artist and you can see all of his work either on our website or his instagram. I sadly can’t do a quote over email, but I can let you know that our shop minimum is $100. As for the color, sadly none of our artists do watercolor tattoos.
All of our ink is completely vegan. Using only witch hazel, alcohol, pigment, and glycerin.
When it comes to reaction, that is dependent on the person. You have a better chance of not having a reaction if you just use black ink.
Patch tests are really used for checking on how well certain colors show up on different skin tones. We would not know the reaction to the ink till it completely healed, and our shop sadly does not provide that service.
All of our artists are permitted and ready to tattoo.
We have no artist that does that style specifically, but Matt Trogdon can do nearly anything and everything. There are plenty of examples of his work on social media.
Welcome Tattoo is comprised of a group of professional tattoo artists who focus on clean and original designs. They can create tattoos in any style you want, from the simplest dot-work sleeves to something with more elaborate shading techniques that will make your skin look as good as possible! If this is your first time getting permanently inked, then pay them a visit! Not only do people rave about how great their work is, but their staff is also friendly. They are happy to offer suggestions for what’s best suited to you without being intimidating or pressuring at any time. Don’t have a lot of free time? No problem—they’ll fit everything into just one visit. So what are you waiting for?
Self Care & Style Posts | North Carolina